When you ship your vehicle to Australia, it becomes your responsibility to submit all vehicle import approval applications required by the Australian Government. This should be done prior to importing so DO NOT import until you have approval.
- You must decide on the import option to apply for the necessary approval and read any materials you can find regarding the approval requirements for this shipping option.
- Download and complete the necessary application form.
- There is a $50 application fee which must be paid to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
- Be certain you have and fully complete all of the document attachments.
- Send off your completed application form and any attachments to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
- Check your email inbox on a regular basis – including spam/junk folder – in case the Department uses this as a form of communication with you.