When transporting your car, there could be a few ways that it may travel:
- Freight – this is a container that will house your vehicle in a safe space; also known as enclosed carriers.
- Ro-Ro Ship – this is a ship that will hold many vehicles being transported, that Roll-on and then Roll-off the ship when being transported.
- Enclosed Car Carrier – this is a closed truck that shields cars being transported from the elements (dirt, weather, moisture etc.).
- Open Car Carrier – opposite to the aforementioned, this is an open truck that carries cars out in the open and is a cheaper alternative to enclosed carriers.
- Freight Plane – this is a cargo aircraft that carries items rather than people; this is a sometimes-expensive method of car transport but it is the safest and fastest way.